Monday, June 30, 2008

Living Life with Grace

As we live life, life just happens. It doesn't always run smoothly, in fact, most times it can be right out chaotic.

I don't know about you, but when things happen that I am not particularily thrilled with my instant reaction is often with disgust or wanting to do something about it right then and there. I want to react without giving the situation or myself the proper time to take it in and think about it. Especially, if it involves my kids. All I can say is watch out for Momma Hen!

I know I can absolutely blow it sometimes! In those moments I am definitely not handling the situation with grace.

Far from it!

Certainly, I want to act calmly and gracefully in the intense moment.

When living your life with grace you actually build your character. So next time when you just want to react to a situation, handle it with grace. If that means walking away then do so. But if it is a situation that really requires a verbal response, be firm, but watch your words. It is so much easier watching what you say instead of bringing embarassment to yourself, and then having to say you are sorry for how you handled the situation.

Latanya

2 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This was a good post, though I'd love to hear of an example you've had in your life. I'm all about real life examples to help people identify.

I don't react the right way all of the time. I've found that when I'm tired or not feeling well, I'm more likely to have a bad reaction. My daughter tells me to expect trials when I'm not feeling well, she's right. If I would just expect it to come, I'd probably be more prepared to react in a Godly manner. :)

About Nancy said...

Grace is truly an amazing and admirable quality. We all need more of it.
Thanks!
Nancy