Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who Knew?

Who knew that keeping up with a blog, running a home business, home schooling and now trying to sell our home could keep me from spending at least two times a week writing on this blog. ROFL! Life; that is it!

Not too long ago an old friend of mine sent me a Wonder Woman gift on Facebook. Believe me I do not feel like a Wonder Woman. Far from it! My kids and my husband would be the first ones to say: "Are you Kidding?" Wonder Woman is suppose to be able to solve all the problems of those around her, have strength, agility, smarts, and look fabulous all the time. That DOES NOT describe me. BY NO MEANS!

Some days I just don't put on the makeup! Now I do brush my teeth, get out of my jammies, and brush my hair, cook my kids their breakfast, teach them from home 5 days a week, and squeeze my work in between!

But you know what? I'm just like you or any wife, mother or person that you know. You see I mess up; lots. I try to do what I can each day in hopes of accomplishing everything on my to do list.

BIG SURPRISE!

I don't!

Yeah....you too, huh!

Simply put, we are humans; people with faults, time constraints, surprises, and seemingly unending disorganization no matter what we do to keep from being disorganized. I take a comment wrong, I say the wrong thing, I just goof up! There it is...LIFE. IT always gets in the way.

Your child gets sick, you get sick, a friend needs your help, a family crisis or you are just over stressed, over tired, and over worked. Again....LIFE!

But what is the key to handling it all? How you react to your present situation.

It is all about training yourself to wait, reassess your situation, think a little more, and then react or respond. Yeah, you will miss up, but it is okay. But there will be days, 'oh glorious days', that everything seems to go into place.

We learn , we grow, and we learn to say we are sorry. We even learn the act of forgiving our own misgivings or those who have hurt us.

You have too! It is...Life!

How are you going to live your life today? Choose to live it to the full and with wisdom!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Latanya,

I found you on the Smart Girl Politics website and came over to check out your blog.

Wonderful writing...and God bless you for taking your children home to school. You will always find critics...and you will often feel inadequate...however, you will always be thankful you made that choice.

I homeschooled my daughter her last 3 years of high school...I am so glad I did and wish I had chosen that path much sooner. She blossomed...discovered her love of words and this December she graduates with a degreee in Professional Writing with a dream to write books, work as a book editor and do mission work. I don't believe she would have found that love had we kept her in public school.

So...don't give up...keep going...forget the critics and you will see your children grow into the vessel God wants them to be.

Vickie
vlosenterprise@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

An insightfull post. Will definitely help.

Thanks,
Karim-
Positive thinking