Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oh, the joy of living in the South...Spring has arrived

With the arrival of warmer weather our trees in North Carolina start to bloom and the pollen starts producing.



Oh, joy, joy! I love Springtime...just not the pollen.



Any allergy sufferers reading this will know what I mean! If we could only have Spring without the pollen, but on the flip side we would not have food! Not good! We need the pollen and the bees and other insects, etc. that pollenate everything!



One thing I do enjoy is the warmer weather. I love the 70's - degrees that is! I for one do not like the cold that much. Give me warmth and the flowers blooming and if I have to deal with the pollen, then sneezies, icthy eyes, allergy headaches just go along with the territory of the joy of Springtime.



Even with the pollen issues, Spring is a great time of year. It is the time for rebirth, renewal, and regrowth. Gone are the humdrum blues of winter.



Since we don't get a lot of snow where we are in NC, I normally can't wait to start seeing the buds come out on the trees, even if it signals a window of sufferering for me.



Spring can truly be a time of rebirth, renewal, and regrowth, if we let it.



A rebirth in old dreams that you thought were dead.
(Wipe those cobwebs away from dreams that you thought could not possibly come true. Revisit them and then rebirth them).



A renewal for a tired and weary spirit!

(Take the time to watch the birds welcome in Spring and take in the joy the Earth seems to have at the anticipation of newness of life).



Experience the regrowth of your old dreams.

(Remember those old dreams that you wiped the cobwebs off of? Yeah those! Reflect on them and give them the proper nourishment this time. Give them some TLC and some positive affirmation. Wait for it! There ...they are springing forth! Watch them grow into something more beautiful then you could have ever dreamed they could be.)



Enjoy Spring...maybe not the pollen....ehhh, aaaachoooooo!!!! But definitely enjoy Spring and the new life that it brings.



Latanya

1 comment:

Jodie Wolfe said...

I could use your help. I am trying to survey as many Christian women as I possibly can for a book I am writing.
If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!